Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

Or should I say Mother's Weekend.  :)  Its been a great Mother's day so far and it technically just started.  Sammy Bo Baggins wished me a happy mother's day in the only way he can....with slobbery kisses and allowing me to carry him around while I make morning coffee, and Second Son does all the other morning chores.  Ginger Snap, with just a tad bit of prompting as he was distracted by the TV, also hugged and kissed me and wished me a happy mother's day.  Second Son was first and Second Daughter is still sleeping.

I hope she doesn't have the same headache I have.  Last night she took me to see one of her theatre companies production of Midsummer Nights Dream.  One of my favorite comedies and she had done all the costumes for it.  So it was really cool to see them on people having seen her create them here.  Of course I met the company after and half of them came with us to The Public to have a drink...or two...and munchies.  Was my first night out at a bar in Chicago with strangers... well they started the evening out as strangers and ended it by calling me 'Ma'.  Good to know that some things never change.  All and all I had a great time putting faces to some of the people she creates with.  And I hope to run into them again, and see many more productions.

Second Son will be leaving soon to go and stand in line to get us a table at the restaurant that the boys are taking Second Daughter and me out to brunch.  In Chicago they don't do reservations for holiday's it's first come first serve.....and Mother's Day Brunch is a big deal.  If we don't get in line we won't get a table....you'd think they were showing Star Wars with brunch.

Yesterday was a great day for another very special reason.  Mr. Practical and I have started to try to write together...again.  Yes I know it's been years in coming, and it made us so happy.  Was how we started to fall in love, by stomping around in each other's minds.  Editing each other's writing is a very intimate and trusting relationship.  After all, our writing is as precious to us as, well children.  They are our children in a way.  And while we both still have novels we are trying to finish but have had little luck in doing so without each other.....we are trying.  We have started with some personal, slightly romantic, projects and so far its been very rewarding.  Brought back a lot of feelings for us both.  We had a video chat yesterday, which amounted to us mostly just smiling and staring.  In between Ginger Snap's brilliant Star Wars battle in the back ground....and sometimes foreground, and talking about everything.  Our lives, our hopes, our dreams for our futures both apart and well who knows....and basically how happy we are to still be in each other's lives, with joy and love.  No guilt or sadness or regret.  Just admitting that it is what it is and being able to accept that and not be afraid of the now or wonder too much about the future.  Just take it day by day and know that there is at least one person out there in the big cruel world that thinks you are kinda neat.

It may sound lonely to you or pathetic that something that small would make me so happy, but I know his heart and I know I have a special place in it.  I can see it in his eyes and smile and read it in his words.  And sometimes, that's enough.  It really takes so little to make me happy, and feel needed.

I have a long distance movie date with First Daughter for tonight, since I was at the play on our usual date night....and I expect I'll hear from First Son at some point in time, along with others of my 'kids'.....OH hey....my Margarita Vill/Pat Head kid just wished me a happy moms day, and so it begins.

I love all my kids, both the ones I gave birth to and the ones that have connected with me and call me Ma.  I'm always here for all of you as I know you are here for me.  And each of you have played an important part in my life in some way saving it, waking me up, keeping me on the straight and narrow, listening, celebrating, sharing, growing, learning and teaching me about life.  Keeping me young minded and current but respecting my generation and understanding that we are all a product of our generation.

I hope all the mom's have a great day in celebrating what being a mom really is.  The best gifts are your love and your time.  Remember that.  Opps....Sammy Bo Baggins is saying "Hi"  and "Ei-Ei-OOOOOH"  so I must go.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment