Sunday, May 4, 2014

May The Fourth Be With You!

I was hoping to start my blog before Ginger Snap and Sammy Bo Baggins woke up but alas that was not to happen.  So as they play in the living room in great anticipation for Star Wars Day, I'm brewing coffee and sitting with you.  We have Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi left to watch and Ginger Snap wants to watch them both today.  My children, First Daughter and First Son, or Tato and Honey Bunny as they were originally called, will testify that Star Wars day is a big day in my house.  In fact it's not that my kids don't like Star Wars, its just, well, as they tell me....over exposure.  However, with that being said, whenever they run into someone that has never seen Star Wars their joint reactions are as follows:
1.  Shock and surprise cross their faces followed quickly by righteous concern.
2.  the following will escape their lips, "How were you raised?" "What?!" "We're watching it right now!"
3.  Honey Bunny grabs the nearest media and turns it on. Or has several options of format for the unsuspecting friend to choose from, which in itself can be overwhelming to a friend who sees them as NOT the rabid fan their mom is.

Ask Ladybird, who recently let it be known to the family that she had never seen Star Wars.  We made a Star Wars date and started her off on her journey....we were all present to observe her reactions, as if she were some kind of science experiment.  Fan Boys are the worst....wait a minute...I am one.  Oh well.

I am on to not actually introducing Ginger Snap to the series, but I am reminding him of it, as he was very young when first exposed, and being 7 now is just the perfect age to really get into them.  As for the Clone Wars, thanks to a suggestion by That Guy, I am the first exposure to that for him.  And it has been wonderful to see it all again through their eyes.  And yes, he does think Darth Vader is cool too.  hehehehee.

I must resist the temptation to allow them to use their power for evil.  I must keep them on the good track.  Because they are both so darn cute, it would be tragic to the female population years from now, if they don't.

Happy Star Wars Day everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment