Sunday, June 15, 2014

AND STALLED.....

Well, I was writing.  Now I'm trying to get feedback.  Don't get me wrong here, Mr. Practical is trying hard to give it to me, but our schedules don't always jive.  So, we try to meet every night.  Its nice, actually, even if we don't give feedback or write together, we are talking and that helps the flow.  He has started on his second draft and I can't wait to read it.  I'm going to start the second draft of chapter five today, with or without feedback from chapter three and four, because  I have a golden opportunity of being alone for several hours, as my second family takes Ginger Snap to visit his dad for the summer.

Its been a bittersweet morning, spending time with him, taking pictures of them all together on this father's day, and knowing how quiet and sad it's going to be around here with him gone.  But it's not forever, and I'm sure we will talk daily.  And there will be a lot more opportunities to write undisturbed.  Which is the real trick for me,  I need it quiet, so I can be lost in my little world.  Listening to my characters act out the scenes in my head.

Of course being a woman I can't decide what I should do first with my newly acquired alone time....I also want to dye my hair again.  But I will not be doing the same thing.  I'm going for a new look with new colors and I'm so excited.  I think I'll start with the hair and while it's processing write.   With Mr. Practical at work we will be chatting off and on all day.  I love Sundays.  It's the time I get to be with him in the largest chunks of time.

It appears to be a good day for travel, not too hot not too cold.  The kind of day both my parents would have enjoyed.  It's a shame they aren't still living, I would love for them to see more of their grandchildren and how proud I am of them.  Both my son and daughter have grown up into respectable adults, with their own problems that I try to stay out of.  I have confidence that I gave them enough skills to handle anything, even if sometimes they don't believe enough in themselves, I always do.  And now I have little Sammy Bo Baggins and Ginger Snap to help get to adulthood.  And what an honor it is when any parent trusts you with their children.  I love them like my own grandchildren, or how I imagine I would if I had grandchildren.

This time is so precious to me.  I get the chance to help raise them.  I worked almost the entire time my children were growing up, and I missed out on so many firsts.  I understand now how happy it made my mom to be the live in nanny for me.  What a rare opportunity to help raise your grandchildren.  And I know my kids miss her almost as much as I do.  She imprinted on us all, and we will never forget her.  Its funny, I know I should probably be trying to remember my father more on this fathers' day, but it's my mom who comes to mind.  She raised me alone from 10 years old on, and for me she was both parents.  And a great inspiration to me as I raised my own children as a single parent from ages 5 and 11.  For the most part I believe I had a great example on not only 'how to be' but even some 'how not to be's' thrown in there.  And that's normal too, for every generation gets better, learns more sooner, and becomes more tolerant.  At least if we are doing it right at parenting they should.  Lets try to remember our mothers and fathers, on these days, as human.  As people who make mistakes, but love us and tried as hard as they could to protect us and teach us everything they know.  I know I did.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment