Sunday, January 6, 2013

F**K Buddy Song- Oh YES You Can!

This one is hardly fair if you aren't a 'Pat Head' you don't know this song, and that's a shame.  But if you are near me, and are my friend, sooner or later I'm going to drag you to a Pat McCurdy concert and make you aware of his wonderful talent.  But promoting my friend is not the real topic of this weeks blog.  It is the title. And as you can imagine the song is fun, humorous, and perhaps his experience with this territory, or just a writers ability to tap into the great subconsciousness.  It is not however, my experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vaDVz4GgBo

(OK...here is a link for those of you that are really curious about this song and performer....all rights belong to Pat McCurdy....so I am promoting my friend after all .....just a little)

In getting use to my new hours I've come to realize that I think I'm going to enjoy 4 1/2 days on a week and 3 1/2 day off.  I work longer hours each day, true, but I end up with what I feel is more free time to play.  And I do love to play.  But having friends, hobbies, a career, kids, a life....barely covers how busy I am.    Yesterday after work I got the shopping done and most of my chores, and still have two full days off to do what ever I want.  And my two favorite of my A Team have surprised me with wanting to see me.  Thankfully not on the same day.  :D

And while we are all very busy people with very full lives and can't expect each other to just drop everything to be together, somehow...this weekend....feels exactly like that is what we are doing for each other.  And it makes me smile to see that the new year is starting off with the same levels of attention, if not some added effort by one, dear one.  I do so love late night kisses via my electronic media.  Aren't the small messages sometimes the best?  The ones at 2 or 3 in the morning, when you know they are alone, and thinking of you...

Ah well.  I know it's probably very silly to some of you, that I'm kicking my heels up at my age, when I should have been doing this in my twenties.  But you know I devoted my twenties to raising my children and supporting, emotionally (with all) and financially (with two) of my husbands.  And while I kind of wish I could have had my dating life back then, like normal people do.  I don't regret it at all.  I like having some experience under my belt and being out there.  I think I'm making better choices for my personality now, than I did then.  Not that my ex husbands weren't and aren't great men.  (and no I'm not just saying this because they read this, it's true)  We just weren't great with each other.  Stuff you learn if you have them as a f**k buddy FIRST.  I should have tried that, instead of just marring every man I wanted to sleep with.  Oh well.  The things you learn and the way your moral clock changes as you age is very interesting to me.

But I need to get ready, and finish some puttering around the house details before my date arrives, and maybe get some alone time in between to reflect and bask.  I am happy and blessed and lucky to have found one person to share my life with, other than my wonderful kids, and friends.  But you know all the kids and friends in the world can never replace that one person, (or two) that are always on your side.

My advice:  Make the next one you are interested in a f**k buddy first.  Don't marry them.  Just date them.  As seriously as you can, and keep your options open.  Opportunity is not a lengthy visitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment