Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

Father's Day is today.  This is the first one since my dad died, and even though we were not that close, I am feeling his presence more than normal.  Feeling him nagging me to do the things that still need to be done for probate....mostly waiting on the state to get me the paperwork I need to go back down to Missouri, title his car in my name, go over all the mail that the new owner of the house has collected, and figure out if anything is in his bank account that I need to split with my step sister, and the payment of the attorney, and still there is paperwork...tax paperwork....the kind we all love to put off.  I'm still waiting for my income tax refund after having to resend in all my documentation..... this years taxes got really fucked up, and I'm not happy about any of this, but can do nothing about it......

Probate sucks.

Cuz I'm a control freak, and if I can't fix it I do one of two things...I fret and worry until I'm sick...or I put it off until I have to do it.  Guess which one I did?  You got it, put it off.  And I'm ok with that.  I think I would feel better about getting the tax paperwork done if my refund was in hand....but I will deal with that tomorrow....(the Scarlett O'Hara problem solution ALWAYS works....NOT)

Its  much to perfect a day, as most all Sundays are now, with Mr. Charisma by  my side and nothing but time  together.

Have a great Father's Day, and try not to miss your dad's too much if they are gone, and if they are still with you, then please, at the least, call them and tell them how much they mean to you, how they helped shape you, and how glad you are to be their kid.  (This advice works even if you have only negative things to say,   because it will free you.)

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment