Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Goals Go Up!

I have achieved a personal goal that I didn't think I would, nor did I think I would this quickly.  I've been selling, at my job now for three full months.  And the commission/draw is set up in two ways.  The first is a minimum of 24 cars need to be sold in a rolling three month period to make over your draw.  This is where you need to be, but not where you want to be.  Of course you want over that, but the minimum is respectable and a goal that, when hired, I was told I should be at by my six month mark.  Well I hit it my first three months, and I'm so proud of myself, and happy that I have proven to myself that I can do this huge career change.  Especially this late in my working career.  I hope to retire in 19 years at the most.  Now that I have passed this very mental hurdle in my mind, I'm hoping that a goal of 10 to 12 cars a month is not out of reach.  And I'm excited to set these goals.  Almost as excited as I'm sure I will be to cash my first commission check on the 15th.  It's nice that we have a draw, so that we can make a minimum amount until we reach our goals.  I'm sure that when I get even more confidence, and learn a lot more about cars, (ALL the Cars!) I will be even more successful.  I wish I would have had the confidence in myself at a much younger age to try this, but sadly I did not.  I also did not think it was fair, as a single parent, to make my kids want for anything just because I had a bad month.  I know I'll have them, but I'm hoping they will be few and far between.

So, if you are a friend of mine, and if you need a car, message me. I'd be happy to help you find the perfect one.  Or if you just know me and know someone who needs a car, introduce us.  I hate it when friends try to sell me, it's always made me feel uncomfortable to hit up my friends for sales.  But, I realize now, that its more of a service.  If you don't know that I'm selling cars for a living, how would you know that I can help you make the right choice, and get the best deal.  So I've decided that it's okay to mention.  For those of you long distance....and miss me...what a great excuse to come see me at work.  :)

Now back to life and holding the one  I love tightly.
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment