Sunday, October 12, 2014

Is There Life On Mars - Bowie

For the past two weeks, going on three now, my right arm is falling asleep.  Well, it feels like that when I'm awake.  When I'm asleep, it wakes me up with shooting pains that are so intense they cause me to want to whimper.  So I bite my pillow and get up and walk it out to get blood flowing.   At first I thought it was heart related but I remember two weeks ago carrying my groceries home on over both shoulders and how heavy they were.  After Second Daughter worked on it, and gave me some stretches to do, it is not waking me up every morning at 1am and then at 3am and then at 4am and then at 5am.  Now it waits until 5am so something is loosing up.  We think over the years of computer work and now lifting all the babies and kids, the heavy groceries pinched a nerve bundle.  It's tingly even now as I type.  I'm seriously considering trying to make an appointment to see the acupuncturist I went to as a birthday present.  When it wakes me from a deep sleep, it hurts much more than just the tingle of being asleep.  But that's the closest example I can use to describe it's lingering effects, and the fact that when I walk around and get more blood to it, it feels like that.  Hurts worse at first then gets better.  I'm not afraid to go to a doctor with this I just am not sure when I can.  Sundays are my only day off, and now that Second Daughters' show has started, http://www.musicalofthelivingdead.com , I am busy pretty much every day and night I'm not at my other job.  I'm hoping it gets better on its own, just like it got pinched on its own, and I realize it will take time, but I'm so tired of not sleeping well, and of the pain.

It reminds me of my Daughter In Law and how much pain she is in and how the doctors are so confused by it.  I know what I feel is only a fraction of what she lives with on a daily basis, and it makes me angry that she can't find a doctor to help her heal.  I know her pain is real, I wish they could see it.  Another reason I am shying away from doctors and going toward a more holistic approach.  I have so many friends and family members who have been treated unfairly or not treated at all.  I'm trying to have faith, but it's difficult to watch.

I'm going to research some more on this pain, and see if there is something else I can do, but for now since the stretching is helping, I'm not going to do anything with a doctor yet.

Feel free to comment if you've had similar pain and what helped you.  I'm giving it one more week before I seek professional attention.

At least the pain has not stopped me from working with all four of my small charges and living life.  The Fleetwood Mac concert here in Chicago, complete with the entire band for the first time in 16 years, was a wonderful night of adult time with Second Daughter.  As was the Bowie exhibit at the Museum of Contemporary Art, with First Daughter.  The only city in America to have this wonderful exhibit of fashion and music and art from the one and only David Bowie.  I'm surprised New York has not shown it.  So Chicago is now as cool as London and Berlin.  I love this city.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment