Sunday, February 1, 2015

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow

Watching it snow out of the two tall windows in my modest studio apartment, fills me with peace.  What is it about the snow that seems to change everything for me?  Its almost like I still approach snow as a child would.  Waiting for it to stop so I can get out there in play in it.  I suppose it’s because I don’t have to shovel it or really do any of the work that comes with snow.  But I think it’s more than that.  Memories flood my mind when it snows.  Snowball fights with my kids and later watching them go at it, with coco later.  Driving without a care around curvy roads at Garden of the Gods with high school mates.  Long walks and serious but loving talks with Mr. Hopeful.  Drives in the wee hours in the mountains of Colorado, when the virgin snow reflects back a purple hew from the full moon.  Snow.  I love it in all its forms, big snow globe flakes or fine sifting like now.  It always seems to put me in a spirit of good will, like the holidays that fall during winter.  Maybe that’s why a white Christmas and Thanksgiving seem much more joyous to me than a bare one.  I’m sure I’ll complain during my morning commute tomorrow, just like everyone else, but for now, for today, it brings a smile to my face.  I hope where you are, especially if it is snowing and cold, that you have warmth.  The warmth of family and friends and fond memories, as we say goodbye to January and hello to February.  Its time to welcome back spring with candle ceremonies dressed in red and white.  Be at peace and welcome back what you want to attract in your life.  Breathe in the cold air and be thankful for the passing of winter.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment