Sunday, May 10, 2015

Is This How Stalking Starts?

So, last week I had my date.  The one I knew I would not be calling again.  (see last weeks blog if you are out of touch).  And I didn’t hear from him after the standard three day rule for men, so I was in the clear.  Or so I thought.

But no.  I get a text at 9:30 pm asking me “Hey…what happened to you? ?”  And my first thought was DAMN!  Where’s that app to erase your phone number from someone else’s phone.  And my second thought was ‘It was up to ME to call?’  And my third thought was ‘Trying to avoid this conversation.’ Knowing I couldn’t say any of those things I said the standard answer, “Just been busy.  How are you?” this was at 10:42 pm when I remembered he’d texted and I had ignored.  I had been deep in a chat with The Poet In My Heart when he texted and I was not going to cut her loose for a guy.  Especially this guy.  Then I set my do not disturb and went to sleep in preparation for Mother’s Day celebrations today.

I woke up this morning to his response from 11:51 pm  “Just working…hanging out.”  The man is in his 50’s and he sounds like a junior in high school.  I’m hoping I won’t respond.  I hate it when I’m left hanging by someone I care about, just as much as I hate the excuse , ‘been busy’ when it’s used on me.  It lets me know my place in the priorities of any person using it.  And I felt ashamed of myself that I used it on him instead of telling him the truth.  I just don’t think we are compatible and I don’t want to waste his time or money.  After all he did say, on our first date, he was looking for a girlfriend….he had enough friends.  And I’m not interested in him so, hopefully, if I respond I’ll tell him the truth.  Although how bad is it to do on a text?  I’m used to hearing it in person.  Of course back then we didn’t have cell phones that could text.  Nor were they inexpensive for everyone.  Only the super rich had them and they were huge in comparison.

So I’m trying to compose the best way to tell this guy if he’s serious about not needing any new friends, then I guess we are done, because I don’t like him.  I just hope he doesn’t ask why I don’t think we are compatible.  I don’t want to hurt his feelings and just because I don’t think like him doesn’t mean he won’t meet someone that does.  Perhaps thats what I should lead with if he asks.

Now I know why I got married all those times.  I hate dating.  Marriage is so much easier.

Cheers
And Happy Mother’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment