Sunday, May 31, 2015

What I Miss....

Smile if any of this makes you think of me, because you are missed. 

Looking into your eyes and just smiling.
Holding your hand.
Being hugged.
Hearing my son's laugh. (And in a month my daughters too).
Impromptu bottles of wine and tarot readings.
Starlite Happy Hour, on a Thursday after work, with Elvis dip and mozzarella sticks.
Sudden calls, of "I'm in town!  What are you doing?"
Going to opening night of a movie we've all been anxious to see.
The Incarnations of Immortality-You know who you are.
Movie night! With connections of actors, directors, writers quiz.
Oscar Night! With check list to see who guessed the most correctly.
Power watching a new TV series with friends.
Running into you at the craziest places and still smiling at each other.
Making Love. Not sex.
Rock concerts with you.
Amusement parks, both sober and stoned.
Gaming with the Incarnations.
Gaming with my kids.
Long drives rocking out to tunes, both sober and stoned.
Trivia night.
Pat concerts.
The shed.
Holding Court at Yesterdaze, never sober.
Singing at Top Shots on a Tuesday.
Oktoberfest in La Crosse.
Meeting someone new and feeling that click of recognition. 
The mountains, fires and long talks.
The ocean, and long walks.
Making proper sized bon fires.  Meaning dangerously huge.
My parents advice and love.
Sunset over Pikes Peak.
Sunset at the top of Griffith Park Observatory.
Sunset at the bluffs in La Crosse.
Looking forward to a new book in a series I have not read before.
Being able to eat anything I want and not gain weight.
My body before kids. 
Time to do everything.  Youth has time, Age has none.





No comments:

Post a Comment