Sunday, March 20, 2016

Adulting Sucks.

Happy Spring!  It's the first day of spring and it's a beautiful day here in Chicago.  The clouds are moving, hopefully away from us, and the blue sky should be inviting.  But for me, it still feels like a chore to get out of bed and get to the store.  I'm feeling better so I have to venture forth and get laundry done.  But I don't want to do anything except sit here and either game and watch shows or write.  I hate it when I have to force myself to do chores like I'm still a kid inside and only want to do what I want to do. 

This cough really won't go away.  Day eight.  But I'm not sick enough to go to a doctor or miss work.  I did rest all day yesterday.  I even took a nap.  Slept for five hours and felt a lot better when I woke up.  Sometimes I think all I really need to kick this is a few days to rest.  But I can usually only get one.

Adulting is hard.  I hate it most days.  But I'm really good at it.  I find ways to pay bills and keep my head above water in an economy that is so scary that any minute I could be without all the things I've worked so hard to achieve.  And, like you, I'd like my days off to be days where I might just be able to enjoy life.  Instead of having them be full of things I have to do to prepare for more work and responsibilities, and adulting.   I suppose I could try to do some adulting after work.  But I'm so tired at night after work that I can't face doing more adulting after all day of adulting. 

And then there are all the things I should do.  Like diet and exercise.  More adulting.  I'd rather just play or quietly color.  Reading a book and escaping into another world seems like the best use of my day.  But that stupid adulting keeps telling me I have dishes to wash.

I think the hardest thing about my job is that when I'm done cleaning their house the last thing I want to do when I get home is clean my own.  So mine waits until I can't stand it anymore, and then I clean it.  Funny thing about that is that it's so small it takes me about an hour to clean it.  So when I tell you that I hate adulting and I'm lazy, it's not a lie.  I think I need someone to do my laundry and dishes and grocery shopping for me.  LOL  Then I can just write and play all day on my weekends.  That would be the best.  So maybe to appease the child in me I need to do more adulting on the scheduled adult days and allow myself to be a child on my days off.  What a great idea.  I wonder who will be stronger after work....my inner child or my inner adult?

More coffee for my inner adult while my inner child thinks about giving up the computer....

Cheers