Sunday, March 20, 2016

Adulting Sucks.

Happy Spring!  It's the first day of spring and it's a beautiful day here in Chicago.  The clouds are moving, hopefully away from us, and the blue sky should be inviting.  But for me, it still feels like a chore to get out of bed and get to the store.  I'm feeling better so I have to venture forth and get laundry done.  But I don't want to do anything except sit here and either game and watch shows or write.  I hate it when I have to force myself to do chores like I'm still a kid inside and only want to do what I want to do. 

This cough really won't go away.  Day eight.  But I'm not sick enough to go to a doctor or miss work.  I did rest all day yesterday.  I even took a nap.  Slept for five hours and felt a lot better when I woke up.  Sometimes I think all I really need to kick this is a few days to rest.  But I can usually only get one.

Adulting is hard.  I hate it most days.  But I'm really good at it.  I find ways to pay bills and keep my head above water in an economy that is so scary that any minute I could be without all the things I've worked so hard to achieve.  And, like you, I'd like my days off to be days where I might just be able to enjoy life.  Instead of having them be full of things I have to do to prepare for more work and responsibilities, and adulting.   I suppose I could try to do some adulting after work.  But I'm so tired at night after work that I can't face doing more adulting after all day of adulting. 

And then there are all the things I should do.  Like diet and exercise.  More adulting.  I'd rather just play or quietly color.  Reading a book and escaping into another world seems like the best use of my day.  But that stupid adulting keeps telling me I have dishes to wash.

I think the hardest thing about my job is that when I'm done cleaning their house the last thing I want to do when I get home is clean my own.  So mine waits until I can't stand it anymore, and then I clean it.  Funny thing about that is that it's so small it takes me about an hour to clean it.  So when I tell you that I hate adulting and I'm lazy, it's not a lie.  I think I need someone to do my laundry and dishes and grocery shopping for me.  LOL  Then I can just write and play all day on my weekends.  That would be the best.  So maybe to appease the child in me I need to do more adulting on the scheduled adult days and allow myself to be a child on my days off.  What a great idea.  I wonder who will be stronger after work....my inner child or my inner adult?

More coffee for my inner adult while my inner child thinks about giving up the computer....

Cheers 


No comments:

Post a Comment