Sunday, November 20, 2016

If We All Just Choose Love

Technology, for the most part, is not my friend.  I'm not as bad as that digger from Jurassic Park who can't even touch something computer-like without it glitching out, but I've been known to have my issues with our wonderful world of technology.  Like for example my phone doing whatever it wants.  For example this morning my alarm went off.  Not my normal Monday morning alarm to wake up but the alarm that says, "Hey...better be getting your ass out the door now because the train will be here in ten minutes" alarm.  Which is odd because I have it set to repeat only on work days.  Did nothing to change its programming.   And yet when it went off this morning, giving me a heart attack that I was going to be late, I noticed it had no programming.  Just that it would go off.  HUM.  No updates recently either.  Although It does have an alarming lack of space for updates. 

So my Sunday morning already feels off.  I hope the week is not going to go like this.  For I have been waiting for this week for months.  This Thanksgiving, First Daughter is hosting for the family and I can't wait to get to her house on Wednesday night.  For six days I will be basking in her, and my son and daughter-in-laws, love and friendship and we look forward to our yearly holiday visit with great anticipation and joy.  Our family is poor so we don't get to see each other often.  Once a year, twice if we are very lucky.  Raising them as I did as a single parent made us closer than most families I've met.  We were (and are) a fun family with as many similarities as differences. 

I've been lucky in life, so far. I've known great love four times in my life and not so great love even more.  I've been married three times and divorced three times.  I've bore two wonderful children and been shown the way to raise many more.  I have a roof over my head, food in my stomach, clothes on my back and love in my heart.  My mind is made up and yet very open to suggestion, if its presented in intelligence and rational ways.  Without resorting to fear or gas-lighting.  I'm healthier than most but not in as good a shape as I should be.  I worry about the world but not to the point of being paralyzed.  I feel for the most part that basically I have many things in common with most of my fellow man.  And I'm thankful that I do.  I'm trying to remain positive in the face of much turmoil in my country and around the world.  And I am hoping my fellow man feels this too, and will gather with their families during the next two months of holiday celebrations.  No matter what your traditions are, (We like to eat a lot of good food and then play Spades and watch favorite TV shows or movies and laugh.  There is always a lot of laughter.) I hope that your holidays are filled with love and surrounded by everyone you hold dear.  And if you find yourself alone at anytime during the season, please reach out to me, for if you are reading this you know I'm your friend and will always, ALWAYS be there for you and answer.  I understand loneliness and sometimes just needing someone else to hold your hand and tell you that's it's going to be alright.  I understand how hard it is to just get some friends to really listen to your heart.  I'm really good at listening to peoples hearts.  I think it's because I ignore my own so much, that I understand how important it is to really listen to it and help it help your mind to great epiphany.  I understand what great loss is and perhaps that's why I'm so thankful for what I have in my life. 

I leave with this, no matter your traditions or religions this time of year remember we have one thing in common, all religions are about love.  So if we all just choose love, we'll be alright. 

Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment