Sunday, November 13, 2016

They Call Me A Liberal and A Feminist LIke Its A Bad Thing?

Earlier this week I had some flashes into creativity with ideas for my blog this week.  Ideas that came fast and furious as I responded to friends status on social media about the election.  I should have written them down, because they would have been better then this crap I'm typing today.

Last week brought about a lot of changes on my social media, and I'm sure there will be more to come.  I've tried talking to my friends that were/are Trump supporters and educate them on why we are protesting.  How little it has to do with Hillary Clinton and how much it has to do with how afraid we are of his supporters.  Supporters that have allied themselves with him.  Endorsed him.  I had to hide one of my Trump supporter friends, actually more than one, after she decided to enter into a conversation on my wall with democrats.  We tried to get her to listen to our side but was bombarded by one liners and name calling.  She wasn't even trying to listen.  Most aren't really listening to me this last week.  I'm amazed at how many treat my statements of belief or way of life as a stupidity.  They have called me everything from a dirty liberal to a feminist that needs her pussy grabbed.  This became a repeated scene for me throughout the week.  Either aimed at a friend of mine or at me directly.  Name calling, and bullying, just like our President Elect Trump, did in his rallies. 

As another blocked friend this week is fond of saying, "and before you go off on me. . " I know not all Trump supporters are racist and sexist and anti LGBTQ, but there sure to seem to be a lot of them about that are.  And they are the ones that scare us.  We understand that Trump can't do all he promised he will alone, nor does any President ever get everything they want done and it's set up like that to protect us. 

So while I'm still very disappointed in my countries choice for President, I am hopeful that anyone that stands with true human rights for all humans no matter their color, gender or preference, will start to stand up for what they want America to really be.  I hope we will take the time we are using to protest, to volunteer at one of the benefits and freedoms that may soon be gone.  Like Planned Parenthood, or Food Pantry's and Homeless Shelters Nation wide.  I know as Democrats we don't have much money to donate but those of us that do, should. To every LGBTQ fundraiser or awareness march.  To AIDS research.  To anything that will send a signal back to Washington, and do it in Trump and Pence's name.  Let them get the certificates in mass, of the money we are putting into saving our choices.  While I do believe in peaceful protest I think the time for that is past done and we need to regroup and start making our voices heard in real ways.

Stop wearing the safety pin as a sign that you care and do something to prove it.  Stop someone from harassing or bullying someone else.  Never turn a blind eye toward a rape or abuse.  If you feel safe strike up a conversation with the person being verbally abused or call the police but don't just walk away and feel like it's not your problem.  Because it is your problem.  We are all humans and we need to stop complaining and worrying about what is happening and do something to help the people it's happening to.

Hold your families close this holiday season.  Talk openly about your differences if you have them and try to lovingly convince each other of the errors in accepting hate speech and bullying.  How words matter and how they can lead to physical violence.  And if you are not the majority in your family, let them know you hope they are right that a better America will happen, but just in case it doesn't what's the family plan for leaving?  How bad does it have to get before your family, like the Von Trapp family from The Sound Of Music fame, decide to leave because they can do no more good?  Have a system of Def-con One - Four.  With what each Def-con means and what our family will do when that happens.  Where you will meet.  Like a fire drill.  Then watch the news.  Not the news on TV, the media on line.   Watch all of it from the sites you trust to the ones you know are lying.  Watch to see what is being reported and what is ignored.  Watch and see where the media is fanning flames instead of putting them out.  And be prepared to fight or flee. 

I believe my country is seeing the beginnings of a great new divide.  A very visible one that wont get swept under the carpet again.  I'm waiting to see what our Archduke Ferdinand moment will be.  What small news event will send the world staggering into another WW.  And I believe, in this fight, no matter how much you'd like to think you can be in the middle and be a person of peace and intellect and not take a side, you won't be able to do this.  You will have to take a side and then be prepared to fight and lose possibly everything for that belief.  This is what being a Patriot means.  This is what it feels like to go against Christians that have sold their soul to the devil and never saw it coming.  Real Christians couldn't possibly be for this much hate.  No one that believes in love could be and isn't that what most all religions have in common?  It's about love?  The Evangelical, KKK, Skin Head movements that have all endorsed this president are not about love.  And you only endorse someone that shares your beliefs.  While he may not come right out and say he's for it, he pretends he doesn't know the leaders of these movements, and if he doesn't know the leaders of these movements in his own country how can we trust him to know the leaders of other 'movements' or country leaders?  How can he be presidential when he doesn't act presidential?  Why is he giving his VP so much power?  More each day.  You know the answer.  He doesn't want to do the job.  He want's to be Chairman of the Board of the county with his VP being CEO.  Well isn't that just peachy for all of us that Pence openly hates.   Kind of reminds me of Hitler and Himmler, who was in charge of the Gestapo for Hitler and was the second most powerful man in Germany during the Holocaust.  I wonder exactly how much of the job of being President, Trump will do?  Will he be the first president of our country to be only the face of our nation, making memorized public speeches and appearing in public in the 'role of the President 'while Pence runs the country?  It's a great fear, for in my mind he is much worse.  But all of this now is just worry, and I already said we need to stop that and get up and do something.  

So I'm here searching my city for things I can do to help.  Waiting for invitations to like minded sites where peaceful marches will be planned and hopefully carried out peacefully.  Here I sit watching for a sign of where to throw my dirty liberal and grabbed feminist pussy into the ring.  





No comments:

Post a Comment