Sunday, August 20, 2017

FOUR Days Until TARDIS

I must be very excited about my first time at Comic Con, because for the first time in seven years I forgot to blog on Sunday morning.  Or maybe I'm finally happy enough in my life not to need this diary of healing. 

I was busy this morning getting ready for a brunch date that stood me up. 

And then a tentative lunch date that also stood me up.

But don't worry constant readers, I ate.  I won't starve myself for friendship.  LOL 

And I've been looking at the Wizard World Con schedules and getting very excited for the time when Nikki and I can plan all our events that we MUST SEE TOGETHER, together.  :)  I feel like this week is going to drag until Thursday.  Which will be one of the busiest days for me both personally and professionally, in a long time.

For Thursday is not just the opening of Wizard World, but it's Flower Girl's first day of preschool. She will go twice a week starting Thursday.  Which will be a wonderfully exciting day for her and me. I can't wait to pick her up and have her tell me all about it.  After work I'll be going straight to Wizard Con to meet Nikki and check in to the hotel and the con.  Then after check in we are going back to my place to load up about five totes for First Daughter.  Nikki lives in the same city as my daughter and has graciously agreed to take some things of hers back to her.  This will give me some more room in my already crowded studio. 

After all that, with the driving from O'Hare to my place and back with said totes, I imagine we will want to just chill with the hotel chill goodies I'm bringing and plan the weekend events.  Working Friday will be so hard.  Knowing Nikki will be at the con without me until I can arrive after work. 

But once I get there our three day weekend of GEEK FUN will begin.  I really can't wait to get all dressed up as River Song and fly my geek flag. 

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment