Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday Morning Smiles

The morning tried to sneak up on me.  I watched the sun pull back the velvet curtain of night, as the bright moon finally relinquished her hold on the sky.  The skies incredible pallet of color, that at once sets the stage and influences my moods for the day, is somewhere between robins egg blue and baby boy blue.  Making me feel both hopeful for spring and reminiscent of love.

As I lay back in bed, coffee in hand, lap top at the ready I watch the moons progress across the morning sky.  Over my window, there is one vertical blind that stays askew, while the others in their ranks dutifully stand a closed guard across it.  Just a portion of sky, but it's all I really need to imagine the rest.

Imagine the rest....

Why?

When I could just open the blinds, and have it all?

But....

In opening the blinds, I would reveal my most inner world, my deepest secrets, my loves and hates, to the world.  And who is truly strong enough to do that?  No matter how honest you are, you aren't completely honest.  No one is.  And most of us lie to ourselves more than anyone else.  And if you are a follower of this blog you may remember one from last year that talked about lying and how it is impossible to tell a lie without lying to yourself first.  I still belive that, you must believe your lie to tell it....or to live it....with the blinds closed, or mostly.

I guess the best we can achieve is to open the blinds and hope that the truth it reveals is not too blinding or too hidden by shadow.  After all if you are afraid to look at your life then you are lying to yourself about something.  If you are afraid to experience life and every moment offered to you, then you are not being true to your emotions, desires or the quenching of your thirst for knowledge and experience.

I'm glad I faced the sun today, and said good night to my moon this morning. Perhaps I should fix that one rebel blind to force me to open them completely.  Or maybe the truth should stay veiled until it can reveal one shared with my hearts desire.  Now who sounds like Mr. Hopeful.  Ah well, a romantic Sunday is not a foreign thing to me....sweet memories....;)

No comments:

Post a Comment