Sunday, February 5, 2012

"I Take Comfort In The Fact That We Are All Alone Together"- Unknown

Another unusually warm February for the 'great white north', as I'm sitting here with my morning coffee, Facebook, Google+, PostSecret, my favorite horoscope/tarot site and my favorite dream dictionary...all through my new mega on-line organizer, PeopleString, which I'm actually making money on line using...Thanks to my Dance Partner from high school (i don't name drop in my blog, you know who you are.)  Anyway...my usual Sunday morning, and I stumble upon the above quote on PostSecret, "I take comfort in the fact that we are all alone, together."  Well that one made me stop in my tracks, had to read it twice.  But it's so true.

In this world, we spend our lives, struggling each day.  Against any number of obstacles, on a good day it's our normal daily routine,which we expect and can get through without much thought.  After all we do it all the time.  Then there are the days we don't expect where our struggles and our abilities to get through them increase as needed. But we do this alone.  We live our lives alone.  We die alone.  We surround ourselves with people we love and care about but in the end your life is YOUR life.  No one else is really with you.

Now if you are married with children, it might feel like you have a whole team of people that depend on you and are there for you.  And you might be right, well you know you they depend on you, and hopefully they are there for you, if not then you need a new family. :D  But actually they are living their own separate lives as well, as the star of their own "This Is My Life" production.  And everyone else in the universe, including you, are a supporting character in their life journey.  ALONE.

Yes, our decisions effect each other, I'm not saying that.  Just look at the state of the economy to see that proof.  What I'm saying is simply this:

You are not alone in your solitude.  We are all alone....together.  So if you feel like it's 'you against the world' remember we are all alone against the world.  And if you are tired of being alone and think that the only way you will be happy is to be with 'someone special' I got news for you....you'll still be unhappy with someone, if you are unhappy alone.  Because YOU are all that matters in the story of your life.

So think about that for a while and see how that changes your perspective of what you want in life.  And remember, Time is fleeting (it's true, I know Time and he's always running around somewhere doing something important.), Death will not wait for anyone (I've seen Death's schedule, and he's only available for lunch,) Nature will win (she's got tons more patience than you, and human Nature always gets her way in the end so don't fight it), and Fate....well she's got a plan (and she tries her best to stick to it, but sometimes threads have to be cut, and rewoven), and War, well he's often found trapped lately between God and Satan....not a pleasant place to be and one I'm VERY familiar with.  (They are both very stubborn!  Hard to get your point across, even if you are Fate...poor War.  I feel sorry for him)

In short, remember it's your life.  Yours and yours alone.  If you are not happy, it's your own fault.  If you aren't living your life and doing what you want with it, you will regret it later.  Even if it's scary hard, if you aren't happy...why do anything?  Why get out of bed?  Why even try?  This is why you must make sure that your life decisions make you happy.  My mom use to say this to me as a young girl, and I think that may be why I'm so focused on what makes me happy as an adult.  She said, "Make sure you love yourself first, then make sure you love who you are sleeping with, because that's that second third of your life, and then make sure you love what you do for a living, because that's the final third.  If you do that, you will not have a life full of regrets, or a face full of frown lines."

Secret to looking younger?....
smile
happiness

cheers.

4 comments:

  1. You forgot laughter....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lot of these same thoughts every time I listen to Entre Nous. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, I do make a lot of RUSH and Piers Anthony references, don't I? I blame them personally for being such awesome influences. :D

    ReplyDelete