Sunday, February 3, 2013

It's Only Love - Stevie Nicks

The lyric in this one that gets me every time is in the chorus:
...Ah, if only love comes around again
It will have been
Worth the ride...

For me, this love is full of ups and downs and missed connections, and faith that we will meet again.  It's not ideal, but it is what it is, and for us, it is all we can do.  Try.  Our moments together may be fewer and farther between, but they are worth the struggle.  For when we are together it is definitely worth the ride.

It's not that I feel less than whole without him, it's just that I feel so much more with him.  That I'd rather experience everything, or share everything I love with him.   I suppose this is a common thing when in love, but it still doesn't lesson the emotions when he is not here with me.  When all we can be in a passing thought in our minds eye, as our individual lives unfold.

I wish we were living single lives instead of double, or triple lives.  But I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather have this than nothing.  Not having met or not knowing him is not an option now.

And now I'm going back under the covers and dream.



No comments:

Post a Comment