Sunday, July 21, 2013

You Grok?

Communication - the exchange of information between people, e.g. by means of speaking, writing, or using a common system of signs or behavior.

Access - a means of access or communication, e.g. a connecting door

Rapport - a sense of mutual understanding and sympathy

WE ALL need more of this in our lives and we all need to practice this as humans.  I'm trying to understand why I am so misunderstood in my life.  In the way I communicate.  I know that everyone sometimes has this issue.  During their work day, or personal life and some days it just doesn't matter what you say or do, you are perceived incorrectly.  I am dealing with a life where I feel misunderstood every day, at least once, by someone that touches my life.  And its becoming quite alarming to me.

I remember years ago, when a tarot reader that I trust was doing a reading for me, and she said, "Oh, how unfortunate someone so loving is so misunderstood."  And I smiled because I knew she was the real deal, only I have ever felt like that, but she saw it in the cards.  She saw a lot that day that came to be, however I didn't believe her then.

I find that I have to become more and more quiet to be understood.  How ironic is that?  I know, I'm sarcastic, but it is funny.  I am understood only when reflecting what others want to see, what others think they see.  Every time, I love someone enough to let them in to see me, as I am learning from them, I become misunderstood.  So I can only believe that its because they suddenly don't like to see their reflection back on them.  hum....and yet I always change for them, by choice.

As people come and go in your lives you develop an almost empathetic connection to them.  You can see what you need to do to attain and keep their love, and you choose to either do this, and grow or decide that that is not who you want to be and move on.  This is what growing in love is all about.  This is what being in a committed relationship is all about.

This is why no one else can ever split two people in love apart.  Because they choose to grow together and communicate an access to rapport.  This is what I believe I have found, and what I will always strive for in a relationship.  Honest communication to understanding.

You grok?

No comments:

Post a Comment