Sunday, October 20, 2013

Fortress Around Your Heart - Sting

A lot of words have been tossed around over the last four weeks....wow....has it been that long?  The "starting over" or "seeing each other anew" has been a very interesting experiment.  You see when Mr. Charisma and I met we weren't completely ourselves.  I'm not saying we completely misrepresented ourselves, but lets just say, our flirty, playful, and sex-starved selves were really out to play that night.  That being said, once that self-image was discovered, by both, we realized we actually might just like each other WAY beyond attraction.  And I mean this word 'attraction' in all its facets.  Both mentally and physically -- the heart and mind united, in a single, perfect, sphere....(ah...Neil,  thank-you)

And over the almost year now that we have been unable to stop touching each other, or anxiously waiting a comment on an important daily event, or say good morning, and good night...every single day....even if angry or disappointed in each other.  Our connection both physical and mental, (here's where we both trust one over the other...best you can't guess which one is physical....bet ya.)  is very strong and seems no matter how hard we both try to sever it, it just can't be broken.  WTF? is wrong with this stupid connection!  Doesn't it know that it pisses us both off to find out that we might just be made for each other?!  REALLY?  0_O  Where we are alike we are so alike, but where we are different we are like polar opposites that not only attract each other, but actually NEED to learn from each other.  NEED to have met and been together.  Or, hopefully BE together.  Just breathing and be....that's the hardest part for two lovers who have met in their individual journeys, coming from to very different directions, but somehow having met at the same place.  With the same unfulfilled needs.

I understand why I have met him and why now, and why he is in my life; and I hope after this time together from last night through to tomorrow morning, if I'm lucky, he will understand why he has met me...now.  

We are committed to trying, and in understanding that we just can't live without each other.   Sometimes that is a really hard thing to admit.  Especially if you honestly feel like you are meant to be on a solo journey.  Or you feel you only hurt those you love and have a wake of lost souls and broken hearts behind you.  Hard to admit that you may have not only met your match, but your compliment.

It must be love, because I can't explain it.  It just is...

"And if I built this fortress around your heart
Encircled you in trenches and barbed wire
Then let me build a bridge
For I cannot fill the chasm
And let me set the battlements on fire"

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment