Sunday, October 27, 2013

When Harry Met Sally

Happy Anniversary to us.  One year ago last night Mr. Charisma and I took a step together.   A step along a path that would change our lives forever.  It wasn't the first time we met, although I must admit I can hardly remember meeting him, since it was two years ago at Mr. Hopeful's birthday party.  My mind was not on meeting new people, but Mr Charisma remembered me, and although we didn't see each other for almost a year after that, I'm betting it was a fond remembrance.  When we met the second time it was through our mutual business connections.  He was a vendor for a supply company that the company I worked for ordered from, so it was strictly business....Until a year ago last night.

We had both been invited to a birthday party of a mutual friend of ours.  I didn't really expect to run into him but was very pleased when I did, as other than our mutual friend, I knew no one else at this gathering.  I have since come to know some of them much better, which I'm also happy about, for they are all good people.

Mr. Charisma and I fell instantly in lust, with a lot of suggestive flirting, and just plain talking.  I enjoyed his company and I could tell he didn't want to let anyone else get too close to me, and pretty much monopolized my attention the entire party.  From restaurant to bar, to bar, to dancing, to bar, and back to my place.  The lust was obvious, and the love quickly followed. This was a huge surprise to us, as we were in very different places emotionally and mentally; AND with other people at the time.  We tried not to love each other, and almost successfully pushed each other away several times over the last year, but our love just keeps reaching out for each other.  And eventually, six months ago he took another huge step along a path toward me, and got away from that other relationship.

We have discovered so much about each other that no one else bothered to have the love, understanding or patience to discover.  And have helped each other in very deep and healing moments.  We end up having more patience than we would with each other than anyone else.  More understanding, more desire to understand, and more ability to change into better people.  You see changing with someone when you are in love is a good thing.  Being willing to admit to yourself that you want to be a better person, not for yourself only but for this other human you have met and fallen so in love with that you want them to be proud of you.  Love you.  See the best side of you.  And so you try harder.  They say we always hurt the ones we love, the ones we shouldn't hurt at all.  And I think that's true too, but it shouldn't be.  We shouldn't hurt the ones we love because we know they will forgive us.  We shouldn't become lazy in love or complacent because we won her (or him) so now we don't have to try as hard.

Mr Charisma showed up on my door step with red roses and pink tiger lilies.  My two favorite flowers which he did not know.  He swept me away to one of our special restaurants for a romantic dinner.  This is a new place we discovered together, with very good food, and reasonably priced and they are so wonderful there and treat us like they know us every time we go.  I guess we are regulars now.  Your anniversary restaurant is an important choice.  I thought he might pick the restaurant of our friends birthday, but I'm glad he picked the one he did.  It means more to me that he would pick a place the he felt was just ours.  I've always loved our Saturday nights/Sunday mornings, but this week he really out did himself.  And by all reports my trip to Victoria Secrets was well worth it.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment