Sunday, December 28, 2014

Mission Accomplished Even With Demon Bongos

First Daughter and I did it!  We got back to La Crosse to see First Son and everyone that requested we pop by!  In just two days!

But first I’m going to tell you about the Demon Bongos.  This is a story that I managed to tell no one while in La Crosse, but First Daughter did tell Ladybird Hobbit.  Right before Madison, we heard this odd swishing and slicing sound and the car suddenly felt like it took on weight.  A scary, invisible weight.  There were no deer, or tumbleweeds (no snow here either!) nothing present on the road, but a slight jerk and then weight.  We kept going.  Afraid to stop.  Afraid of the T1600 and the T800 Terminators.  Afraid of Gargoyles, and Demons.  “What are we dragging?”  and “Ok that doesn’t feel right,” were said countless times before I first heard the drums.  That’s right, bongo drum beat.  Just two at first, then a big pause.  I said, “Bongos?” and First Daughter looked at me with round eyes full of speculation.  Then the sound turned into a beatnik pub and performance artist playing the bongos. I can’t write the sound here, it’s something like Ba-da-dit-ty- DA- da- fit-ty, over and over getting faster and faster as the resistance seems less and less.  Or were we just getting used to the drag of the dead weight.  I kept looking in the rear view mirror to see if the ship I’m suddenly flying is leaking oil….trailing nothing.  No emergency call to Houston just yet. No need of the Winchesters, we hope.  But I’m frantic trying to remember where my AAA is.  It gets faster and faster and we’re both afraid to voice an opinion when suddenly I see it fall from under the front of the car and bounce under us.  I gasp as the sound is silenced.  We smile a little sadly that the Supernatural boys won’t need to be called and very happy that we made the right choice and didn’t stop.  I can’t help but think the Demon Bongo player looked a lot like the under part of my bumper, but perhaps it was just the dark pavement and headlights that made it appear so.  Whew.

I still wish I could have had the time to pop in on a few more of you, like my godson and his family, both little brothers on the bluff, and their wives and kids, oops, guess the godson got mentioned twice.  Missed seeing Little Combat Boots kids, but getting to see her and her husband my Big Little Brother, (movie pun) was such a great surprise.  I imagined seeing her at coffee if we were lucky.  Them coming out to join That Guy and Mr. YRR and LadyBird Hobbit was more than I imagined.  My First Son came out on Christmas eve too.  My First Daughter-in-law was too sick to move, so we missed seeing her this trip…We must stop making plans.  It never fails.  NateDogs birthday was one of the good ones.  Even ran into one of my old toys who was prompt to tell me that he hasn’t had sex in a year.  WOO HOO!  I beat the the thirty something kid!  Speaking of old toys, Mr. Confident reached out to flirt with me yesterday.  I just love it when Fate puts the same lesson in front of you over and over until you get it right.  I didn’t respond in anything more than an innocent friend and he was all unbelieving and “?”.  I had to laugh at that because it seemed so ‘high school’, and I proceeded to tell him that he is engaged now and off the making out market.  He didn’t even acknowledge it.  He didn’t even say goodbye.  He didn’t even want to confirm if we were still friends.  He just stopped talking and eventually left.  I have to say, “That’s doing it wrong.”  And I hear ya, he’s just a kid.  But how else to kids learn unless its from their moms.  I’m assuming that’s what it was.  Mommie issues.  I’m happy that he found the one he can be happy with.  It just goes to prove that there is someone for everyone.

I am starting to feel more and more ready to get out there and date.  This last trip home full of my friends in all different stages of “happily ever afters” made me realize just how ready I am.  I feel confident and sound it again, and even am starting to carry myself that way again.  I’m seeing through the bullshit and honing in on the truth again.  I’m becoming the woman Mr. Hopeful met again.  My First Daughter In Law would say, “Ma you turned it on again” and she’d be right.

I purchased Stevie Nicks 24 Karat Gold, Songs From the Vault and Foo Fighters Sonic Highways for myself for Christmas.  I pretend every year they are from you, but that’s just pathetic.  This year I’m a little bit afraid to listen to the lyrics of two artists who seem to be following me around and writing songs that stab me in the heart on many levels.  Do I want to hear what they have to tell me now?  Yes.  and NO!

But I suppose I should try….maybe after some gaming, and catching up on The Gilmore Girls.  I’m deep in season 6.  only one more season after this, and i’m starting to miss it already.  my guilty pleasure.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment